Senior Interior Designer / Project Manager – New Orleans, LA, US | Works
An interior designer / senior project manager manages the interior scope for multiple small to medium size projects simultaneously or one large project through all phases of the project with moderate supervision by the interior studio director. They provide leadership to team members and supervise one to three people. Together with their team, they are responsible for generating the design of each project and meet with the interior design director for advice.
This person has the technical and construction knowledge necessary to complete a project. They are the primary daily contact for clients, consultants, architecture team and successfully perform required Interiors project management tasks. They monitor quality control, project efficiency, profitability and on-time compliance.
- Collaborate with the Interior Design Director on the overall design concept and advance the established design direction
- Lead and direct the preparation of client design presentations. Assist the team in production when needed.
- Lead and facilitate client design presentations
- Obtain client approval on design, if applicable, including FF&E selections. Review where approvals are required with the Director of Interiors Studio at the start of each phase.
Internal documentation and coordination
- Manage and supervise construction documentation, ensure the project is on schedule
- Examine the design and drawings to verify compliance with building code and accessibility requirements.
- Schedule QAQC exams with the technical director according to MA standards
- Review interior specifications for accuracy, work with specification writer
- Maintain a high level of quality control. Check all drawing sets for accuracy and design intent before posting.
- Coordinate the elements of the Interiors consultant noted on the internal drawing responsibility matrix
- Generate a list of drawings for design development and construction documents. Review with the director of Interiors Studio and the architectural project manager before setting up the sheets.
Interior construction administration
- Participate in CAO on-site meetings.
- Review submissions for compliance with design intent and keep a log.
- Respond to RFIs and maintain the newspaper.
- Perform site observations and prepare field reports.
- Prepare lists of strengths.
Interior project management
- Manage the scope of interiors for multiple small and medium size projects simultaneously or one large project with the architectural project manager
- Build strong relationships with customers
- Acquire and maintain a complete overview of the project contract, budget and scope of Interior Establish and maintain the Interiors project schedule (including deadlines, meetings with clients and consultants)
- Review contract deliverables and manage scope drift; alert the interior studio manager and the PM of the architecture of an additional department before making the change
- Supervise team members, develop and maintain the interior work plan for maximum efficiency. Review the work plan with the interior studio manager at the start of each phase and update it weekly as needed.
- Meet with the Interiors team at the start of each week to review weekly and phase deliverables. Additional team meetings are scheduled as needed.
- Meet deadlines and maintain project schedule
- Provide regular project updates to the interior studio and design director
- Generate the agenda for meetings with clients and coordination. Send ahead to allow attendees to prepare as needed.
- Mentor and help the growth of Designer I and II studio members
- Model of positive leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Participate in interviews with potential candidates
Professional degree in architecture, interior architecture or interior design. Other accreditations encouraged (NCIDQ, AIA, LEED)
More than 8 years of experience in residential, hotel and office projects
Management of several small and medium projects through all phases with minimal supervision
Led teams of 2-3 people for 2 years or more
Creative portfolio with projects similar in size and scope to
Advanced and creative design skills in various projects
typologies Effective team leader with strong interpersonal skills,
collaborator, motivated, organized and with solid
Presentation skills Intermediate knowledge of construction documents
and administration Knowledge of building codes and accessibility
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …