Interior Architecture: Senior Designer (Residential) – Truckee, CA, US | Works
Kelly & Stone – KS | a – is looking forward to adding a Senior Project Designer with significant interior architecture and design experience to our growing business. You must have a good eye, a strong design sensibility, and experience in high-end residential and resort architecture. The experience of mountainous and coastal regions is particularly valuable.
As a leader, you need to know how to work with people and projects – from start-up and contracts, through FF&E design and procurement, to installation.
If you’re passionate about creating stunning designs in innovative and daring ways, adept at leading teams of talented design professionals, and would like to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, read on.
The senior architecture / interior design position will be based in Truckee CA (North Lake Tahoe).
This is an important role in our growing practice. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of interior architecture and design to ensure project success, team engagement and customer satisfaction.
You will collaborate with directors, architects and interior designers and other leaders to introduce new ideas and methods to improve workflow, quality of design and team cohesion.
- Professional degree in interior architecture, interior design or architecture. The master is welcome.
- A minimum of 8-10+ years of progressive experience in architecture and interior design, including 3-5 years leading the design of custom residential and resort projects.
- Experience in all phases of design and documentation including FF&E specifications and procurement.
- Experience with furniture and product design is welcome.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in an active studio environment that includes architects and architects / interior designers.
- Experience in managing people and teams, including coaching and training.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proficiency in ArchiCAD (preferred) or Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. Experience with digital procurement platforms is welcome.
- Prowess in verbal and visual presentation, as well as organizational skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
For additional criteria and information, visit https://ksaarch.com/careers
KS | a offers competitive salaries and benefits, while being a great place to work. Compensation is based on level of experience and professional development.
The KS | a benefits program includes paid vacation, health insurance, IRA matching contributions and a ski pass. They also offer support for licensure and professional accreditation.
Paid leave includes a vacation allowance of two weeks (first year) and three weeks thereafter – plus a week off at the start of July and a week at the end of December.
ABOUT KELLY & STONE ARCHITECTS
KS | a is an award-winning design company with offices in California and Colorado. Our firm works with demanding clients to create distinctive residential environments in breathtaking locations across North America and beyond. Our work embodies a timeless aesthetic in a fresh and contemporary context. Each house is a testament to the enduring craftsmanship of architecture, sustainable principles and quality workmanship, while reflecting the lives and aspirations of its owners.
It is not a mistake that our offices are located in two of the most beautiful places in the country. When the job is done and our customers are happy, there are few better places than Lake Tahoe and Steamboat Springs.
Find out more: https: // kellyandstonearchitect …
THE NEXT STEP
Please send a digital CV and representative samples (PDF) of your portfolio to [email protected]
The maximum attached file size is 10MB. Please label each document to include your name and date.
We review submissions weekly, and if we want to move forward, we’ll get in touch with you. No phone calls please.